Fall Roasted Root Vegetable Salad is one take will bring color to your dinner table. It’s made with a tangy and sweet apple cider vinaigrette.
This is a beatiful side dish to serve for parties. Naturally, it’s made with fall vegetables that are easy to find this time of year. It’s a great recipe for a healthy and tasty winter salad. It’s very satisfying and is full of flavor and crunch.
What do I need to make this fall salad?
Turnips are rich in fiber and vitamins B2 & B6.
Parsnips fill you with potassium and vitamin C.
Carrots are rich in beta carotene and vitamin A.
Red onion is rich in quercetin, which helps to boost exercise performance.
Kale fills you with folate, which is important for brain development.
Along with those ingredients, you will need avocado oil, sea salt, and thyme.
The Apple Cider Vinaigrette is made up with pantry staple ingredients that you’ll most likely have on hand. (Well, maybe not the shallot). On-hand ingredients sometimes may seem out of sorts on their own but in reality, combining them makes a great dressing. All you need is to know what combinations make the best flavors!
Apple cider vinegar is great for your gut and to boost the immune system. When taken on its own, it’s kind of tangy and well, yucky. But when mixed with avocado oil, thyme, shallots, maple syrup and flavored with salt it makes a great way to incorporate apple cider vinegar to your diet.
Looking for more fall recipes? Here are some of my seasonal favorites:
While this amazing fruit is in season, enjoy a Sweet Persimmon Pomegranate Fruit Salad for Fall with Honey and Ginger!
You can learn the Best Way to Make Chicken in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce right at home!
Roasted Fall Veggie Salad with Easy Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 2 medium turnips, cut into 1/2-1 inch cubes
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled & cut into 1/2-1 inch slices
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch slices
- ½ medium red onion, sliced into half-moons, then 1-inch pieces
- 2-3 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- ¾ Tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 small bunch kale, chopped
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ small shallot, minced
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add turnips, parsnips, carrots, and onions to the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with avocado oil, sprinkle with salt and thyme, and stir to coat vegetables evenly. Then spread vegetables out evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake vegetables in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until soft.
- While veggies are roasting, whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Next, place chopped kale in a large bowl.
- When vegetables are done, remove them from the oven, and while warm, transfer to the large bowl on top of the chopped kale.
- Add dressing and stir the kale into the warm roasted vegetables until it starts to wilt.
- Serve warm with extra salt and a dash of pepper if desired.