I’d like to share a little trick I learned in Culinary Nutrition courses. When roasting vegetables, roast them in larger-sized pieces. Then, cut the vegetables into bite sized pieces after. This way, the vegetables turn out to be not mushy! If you were to roast them in bite sized pieces, they’d be mushier. Nice and crisp veggies are easy to hack!
Roasted vegetables are great for this time of year, making a great side dish for holiday parties, or just weeknight side dishes. You can add any fresh vegetables you like (there are a lot to choose from this time of year), and make sure you add some bell peppers to get your daily vitamin C. Besides being a great source for vitamin C, bell peppers also promote healthy and shiny hair as well as keep the skin looking young and youthful.
Eat more cauliflower to promote brain health. This benefit comes from the rich source of choline in the cauliflower that can help improve learning and memory. As for fall squash, fill up on it this season because squash is a hearth healthy vegetable. Along with that, its full of anti-oxidants and has anti-cancer properties. Happy fall to you with this healthy and beneficial vegetable recipe!
What do I need to make this recipe?
Red, yellow, and orange bell peppers all support your immune system with vitamin C and can help lower your blood pressure.
Purple cauliflower is a great source of fiber and can protect your cells from damage.
Squash gives your body vitamin B6 and supports eye health.
White mushrooms are rich in vitamin D and potassium.
Along with those ingredients, you will need extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, and parsley.
How to make Simple and Easy Roasted Autumn Vegetables
Simple and Easy Roasted Autumn Vegetables
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 purple cauliflower, chopped
- 1 squash, chopped
- 1 lb white mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Slice bell peppers in half and cut 1 purple cauliflower into florets.
- Clean and chop 1 squash.
- Spread 1 pound of mushrooms, sliced bell peppers, chopped cauliflower, and chopped squash on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil on vegetables and sprinkle 1/2 Tablespoon of sea salt, and 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper. Give it a gentle toss and place it in the oven to roast for 30 minutes.
- Take vegetables out and cut into bite size pieces.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.