As a kid, I thought eating carrots would make me taller, but I don’t know why I wanted to be taller. Maybe as a kid, you feel very short, especially when the grown-up talks to you. However, I am at 5’4″. I don’t think carrots did a lot of work for me, but I am glad I am not taller.
There are many, many great reasons to eat carrots. Studies found that carrots can help you age slower, helps with infections, gives you healthier skin, cleanse the body and could even prevent a stroke.
Should carrots be peeled?
This recipe of roasted carrots is a simple and easy way to add carrots into your diet. You don’t even need to peel them! When buying organic carrots, you don’t ever really need to peel carrots. As long as you wash and scrub them well to remove dirt and any debris, unpeeled carrots are perfectly safe to eat.
Most of the nutrition of carrot is inside, and the beta-carotene is right under the skin. The bottom line is that unless you dislike the taste of carrot peel, you don’t need to peel them.
What do I need for this recipe?
Carrots obviously are the base to this recipe, and roasted carrots taste amazing especially with the spices in this recipe!
Nutmeg, salt, and black pepper spice up this recipe.
The carrots are tossed in extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Lastly, you’ll top it off with some fresh parsley!
How to make Simple and Easy Oven-Roasted Carrots
Simple and Easy Oven-Roasted Carrots
- 1 lb carrots, cleaned, ends chopped off
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 stem fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut the ends off from the carrots and give them a good wash.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper. Rub the mix well on the carrots.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Chop 1 stem of fresh parsley. Add parsley to the roasted carrots.