Sometimes it’s so hard to wait to dig into a dish after creating it. This roasted asparagus parmesan and garlic salad is one of them; it’s so addicting!
How do you know spring has begun? Simple, grocery stores are stocked up with asparagus. This vegetable is loaded with nutrition. Asparagus are full of antioxidants and a great source of fiber. They also contain vitamin A, C, and K.
In addition, if you want to save a buck or two, asparagus are one of the few vegetables that you don’t need to buy organic since it is unlikely to be exposed to pesticide residues. As for the garlic, its good to eat for detoxification! It also affects many heart-related conditions and diseases connected to the blood stream.
What do I need to put this recipe together?
Asparagus contains folate, which helps to create red and white blood cells.
Garlic powder flavors up this asparagus, and garlic helps to improve cholesterol levels.
Parmesan cheese contains protein and fat, and provides your body with vitamins A and B6.
Olive oil protects against heart disease and stabilizes blood sugar levels.
Along with those ingredients, you will need salt and pepper!
How to Make Simple Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan and Garlic
Simple Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan and Garlic
- cutting board
- baking sheet
- Oven mitt
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, washed
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 Tbsp parmesan, grated
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash and cut off the ends of asparagus, wherever it snips.
- Spread asparagus onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Gently give it a toss.
- Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of grated parmesan.
- Roast for 10mins (don't cover).