Spring salads are one of the best treats that the warm spring some brings in, as well as fresh produce! Pick up some fresh radishes, cucumbers, and green onion to enjoy this spring!
Enjoying seasonal produce at it’s time gives your body 5 star benefits at the right time. Instead of eating produce out of season, after it has been refrigerated and internationally transported, you can enjoy fresh and even local produce when your body needs it!
This colorful salad is so refreshing and crisp. For the radishes, use any kind of radishes that you like, they come in many bright colors. Radishes, as well as cucumbers, hydrate the skin and nourish the tissues in your body. They cleanse the digestive system and fight symptoms of constipation. The corn speeds up weight loss. It supports a gluten-free diet and is rich in vitamin B6.
What do I need to make this recipe?
Radishes contain calcium and potassium.
English cucumbers help to lower blood sugar and are super easy to add to your daily diet!
Corn contains a lot of fiber and vitamin B for energy!
Green onions contain vitamin K and vitamin C.
Feta cheese is a great source of phosphorus and calcium.
For the dressing, you’ll need:
- extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- sea salt
- lemon juice
Let’s make this Crisp Spring Radish Corn Cucumber Salad
Simple and Crisp Spring Radish Corn Cucumber Salad
- 1 bush red radish, sliced
- ½ English cucumber, sliced
- 15 oz can corn, organic
- 1 stem green onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Slice a bush of radish and 1/2 a cucumber.
- Drain one can of organic corn and add to the sliced vegetables.
- Chop green onion and add to the vegetables along with 1 Tablespoon feta cheese.
For the Dressing:
- Stir together 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper with 1 Tbsp lemon juice. (Adjust salt and pepper to your taste).