ADDING PROTEIN INTO YOUR DIET
Like most beans, garbanzo beans contain a healthy amount of protein. Just 1/2 cup of garbanzo beans contains 7 grams of protein. Why is protein so important? Because protein contains amino acids, which are building blocks for tissue and essential nutrient for the repair of cells and building new ones.
QUINOA BENEFITS FOR YOU
In this quinoa and garbanzo bean salad, you get plenty of protein, and not just from the beans, but also from quinoa, which is high protein and is packed with nine essential amino acids for your body.
What do I need to make this recipe?
- garbanzo beans
- orange bell pepper
- red onion
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- Italian parsley
- red wine vinegar
How to make Simple Make Ahead Chickpea Salad with Quinoa
Simple Make Ahead Chickpea Salad with Quinoa
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 14 oz can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 1 small avocado, peeled & chopped
- ½ Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa by adding quinoa and water into a small pot. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until water is gone. Fluff with a fork and let it cool down.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the quinoa.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.