Soft, crunchy, and sweet, this Honey Pecan Roll will get a smile from everyone. It’s made with a simple cake batter combined with pieces of pecans and cream from just two ingredients, then topped with more pecan nuts and drizzled with a chocolate ganache.
It’s a guest-pleasing dessert, that will only seem as if you spent all day baking…but you know the truth. This dessert does not take too long to make, but pleases like a bakery dessert. Also, the ganache drizzle and nuts on top make this roll absolute perfection.
You will first need to cook (or buy) Dulce de Leche for the cream. Dulce de Leche is boiled Sweet Condensed milk.
Table of Contents
What do I need to make this recipe?
- baking soda
- lemon juice
- all-purpose flour
- unsalted butter
- cooked condensed milk (dulce de leche)
I love making cake rolls! You can check out more of my cake roll recipes here:
This Strawberry Cake Roll with Drizzled Chocolate is super easy to make at home!
A Walnut Pumpkin Cake Roll with Ricotta Cream is perfect for fall.
How to Make a Crunchy and Sweet Honey Pecan Cake Roll
- Spatula set
- Cake spatula
- parchment paper
- Stand mixer
- hand mixer
For the cake:
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
For the cream:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened, 2 sticks
- 1 can dulce de leche
For the cake layers:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a full size baking sheet.
- In an electrical mixer, beat eggs and sugar for 2 minutes.4 large eggs, ¾ cup cane sugar
- Add in the honey.1 Tbsp honey
- In a cup combine baking soda and lemon juice together. It will foam up, add to the mix.½ tsp baking soda, 1 tsp lemon juice
- Turn speed to the lowest, sift in flour.¾ cup all-purpose flour
- Chop pecans, then using a spatula mix in the pecans.1 cup pecans,
- Spread the batter on to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes until toothpick comes out clean (time may vary depending on your oven).
- Roll into a clean towel, let it cool down. Unroll it and take off the parchment paper.
For the cream:
- Beat softened unsalted butter until smooth.1 cup unsalted butter,
- Add in the can of dulce de leche.1 can dulce de leche
- Unroll the roll and spread the cream all over evenly.
- Roll it back into a roll.
- Cover the roll with remaining cream and decorate. I decorated it with ganache and chopped pecans.