BENEFITS OF THE INGREDIENTS THAT GO INTO PURPLE CABBAGE WITH MANDARINES AND WALNUTS
If you are still craving sweets after the holidays this is the perfect salad for you. And It won’t make you put on an extra pound. Just 1 cup of chopped raw purple cabbage contains only 28 calories. This beautiful purple cabbage is great for keeping your bones strong and healthy. It also helps your body develop resistance against infections. Cabbage, in general, is great to add to your diet due to its good source of many essential vitamins like calcium, potassium, manganese, and iron which can help control blood pressure and control the heart rate. Also, benefits are packed into mandarins like vitamin C and potassium that help with lowering blood pressure and blood flow. As for the walnuts, these nuts expand brain retention and encourages the production of serotonin to help you eat less.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- purple cabbage
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- fresh dill
How to make Easy Purple Cabbage Salad with Mandarins and Walnuts
Easy Purple Cabbage Salad with Mandarins and Walnuts
- ½ purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3 mandarins, peeled
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Mix together shredded cabbage, 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 Tablespoon honey, a pinch of salt, pepper, and 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add mandarin slices and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- Add salt to taste.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped dill and enjoy.