This portobello stuffed tomato garlic and cheese recipe reminds me of pizza, just a lot healthier.
I am loving the portobello mushrooms this year! There are so many yummy and simple ingredients you can put together to get a healthy and satisfying meal. This portobello-stuffed tomato, garlic, and cheese recipe reminds me of pizza. Except, it’s a lot healthier! Mushrooms benefit your body by helping it fight cancer. Meanwhile, tomatoes fight heart diseases and garlic combats sicknesses such as the common cold.
Have you guys ever tried bread-bowl soups and dishes? They are so yummy, but the lack of nutrients in the bread does not compare to portobello mushrooms and all of the goodness that you can stuff them with! Clean eating is not very easy when you’re tempted with unhealthy foods, but don’t forget that there are endless recipes for you to taste all of your favorite foods, in healthier ways and with fresh, clean ingredients!
While this recipe uses a big portobello mushroom, you can have more fun with it. Using smaller mushrooms, you can make a whole plate of these delicious stuffed mushrooms as a delicious and easy-to-put-together appetizer option! There are so many fun ways to mix it up, so take it away!
What do I need to make this recipe?
Portobello mushrooms are rich in copper as well as selenium, which prevents cancer.
Tomato is filled with lycopene, which supports heart health.
Garlic is rich in antioxidants and supports the immune system.
Mozzarella cheese is rich in biotin, which helps to metabolize carbs.
Fresh dill is filled with vitamin C and vitamin A, as well as magnesium.
Along with those ingredients, you will need extra virgin olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
Simple Stuffed Portobello with Tomato Garlic and Cheese
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 stem fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Remove the stem from the portobello mushroom. Using the edge of a spoon, scrape and remove the gills. Wipe the inside clean using a paper towel.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on the outside and inside of the mushroom.
- Combine tomato, minced garlic clove, mozzarella cheese, a pinch of salt, a pinch of black ground pepper, and fresh dill.
- Bake for 15 minutes.