How to cut a pineapple?
The pineapple may seem like a daunting fruit to cut, but it’s easier than it looks! Here is a YouTube video detailing an easy way to cut a pineapple.
How to tell if pineapple is ripe?
You can tell if a pineapple is ripe by it’s smell and color. Ripe pineapples will have a delicious, sweet smell and will be more yellow. Even if you buy a green pineapple from the store, it yellows and ripens in time.
What is pineapple good for?
Pineapples are rich in manganese which keeps your bones health. They’re also loaded with vitamin C, which protects your cells against free radicals. There are many easy recipes that use pineapple and all of it’s benefits.
How to grill pineapple?
You can find everything about pineapple grilling right here in my Easy Grilled Sweet Ginger Pineapple Slices recipe!
Chicken is a great protein, and here’s why:
By far, the most popular of all white meats is chicken. For starters, it’s inexpensive and quick to prepare. Also, it can be served in a way variety of ways. For example, a Pineapple Chicken Chopped Salad with Sweet Garlic Vinaigrette. It is sweet, savory, and packed with protein.
It’s a delicious pineapple chicken chopped salad that will leave you asking for more, for real. Nothing left behind. This salad will leave you full, without any guilt. You will find that the pineapple and chicken go so great together, you will be asking yourself why you haven’t made it before.
Another bonus to this salad is that its full of so many health benefits. The chicken is a good source of protein and its good to eat to promote weight loss. Pineapple, one of my favorite citrus fruits, promotes weight loss and also improves circulation. Avocado is full of healthy fats. All of these simple ingredients add delicious flavor and good benefits. That’s a winning combination that I’d call a great recipe!
Why do you need this fruit and protein salad?
Healthy recipes like this one can be made right at home for an easy dinner side. With fruit adding a punch of benefits and sweet flavor, chicken adding a solid dose of protein and avocado adding its creaminess, you can’t go wrong with a five star side dish. Even a small bowl of this pineapple salad will have you wanting more. It’s a delicious way to get your reluctant greens-eaters to eat greens (I’m talking about the kids here). Leftovers can be saved for the next day, making a chicken salad sandwich recipe! Healthy eating just gets easier with fresh recipes like this one.
Health benefits of chicken
After watching documentaries and researching about consuming meat in general, I have been cooking less with chicken. I was once my to go ingredient in soups and salads.
You should try to buy pasteurized or organic chicken when possible, and there are some benefits to eating chicken, here are a few reasons:
- Weight-loss- especially chicken breast is low calorie but high in protein.
- Protect your eyes- because chicken is packed with retinol, lycopene, alpha, and beta-carotene.
- Boost immune system– chicken is a source of iron, iron, magnesium, and potassium which all help keep you healthy.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals- Vitamin B can help prevent skin disorders, eliminate weakness, regulating digestion, and improving the nervous system. The D vitamin in chicken helps with bone strengthening. Vitamin A helps build eyesight, eliminate anemia. Potassium and sodium are electrolytes and is helpful in tackling weakness, bone health, brain function, dental care, and metabolic issues.
The bottom line here is that getting your protein, vitamins, and minerals in through your diet is important to help you stay healthy. You can get a one bowl meal packed with nutrition by making the best chicken salad recipe with pineapple for dinner!
What do I need to make this perfect dish with fresh flavors?
Spinach is a great addition into this salad if you have spinach haters in your family. The chicken and pineapple hide the flavor for them, while packing in the potassium and vitamin A.
Fresh pineapple helps to fight seasonal allergies, and we all know someone who needs support in that! It also is rich in vitamin C. Pineapple chunks are a great way to indulge your sweet tooth in a healthy way.
Avocado is loaded with fiber and can lower cholesterol levels. It’s common to side dishes and salads.
Chicken is a strong ingredient in this recipe, and you know this from all of that information above! You can use cooked chicken if you’d like. Rotisserie chicken works best.
What do I need for the creamy dressing?
Parsley is filled with vitamins A and K.
Honey is rich in antioxidants, protecting your body from inflammation.
Garlic supports heart health.
Along with those ingredients, you will need salt, pepper, water, and lemon juice.
How to make Pineapple Chicken Salad with a Sweet Garlic Vinaigrette
Healthy Protein Pineapple Chicken Salad with a Simple and Sweet Garlic Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup spinach, chopped
- ½ pineapple
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, boneless & skinless
- 1 stem fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- First sauté or grill 1 boneless - skinless chicken breast, seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper. When chicken is fully cooked through and cooled, chop into cubes.
- Peel and chop 1/2 pineapple then combine with chopped chicken, chopped 1/4 cup spinach, and 1 chopped avocado.
For the Sweet Garlic Vinaigrette:
- Whisk together 1 stem of chopped parsley, pinch of salt and pepper, 1 Tbsp raw honey, 1 Tbsp water, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, and 1 minced garlic clove. Drizzle on salad when ready to indulge.