Pan-seared Tilapia is a light and healthy dinner choice for all. It is a flaky white fish that pairs well with many different dishes. One of the best things to do with Tilapia is sear it in a pan with olive oil after dredging it in a mayo sauce and lightly coating with flour, you can get that recipe below.
Table of Contents
Tilapia is a great and light fish!
Busy weeknights call for an easy tilapia recipe that can feed the whole family. Pan seared tilapia fillets with fresh lemon juice on top is a great choice of protein. Fresh tilapia is a mild fish that is easy to pan fry. The top of each filet will be golden brown, making this one of the best tilapia recipes out there. It makes a quick meal for any easy weeknight dinner!
Fish is extremely high in many healthy fats and oils including DHA, which promotes improved brain function. The omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil have several benefits as well, such as proper digestion, organ function, and lower blood pressure.
Health Benefits of Tilapia
In a 3.5 ounce filet, there is on average, 26 grams of protein, and only 128 calories in Tilapia. Even more good news is the great source of vitamins and minerals found in this fish including niacin, b-12, phosphorous, selenium, and potassium. Niacin breaks down carbs and other bad fats, b-12 gives you energy, phosphorous is in your bones and helps make protein for the growth of cells. Selenium assists in thyroid function and potassium repairs your muscles.
Among these benefits, there are many other positive and productive things this fish provides.
Make It Your Own
No matter your palette, seared Tilapia can fit your needs. Try different side dishes, such as rice, potatoes, or pasta. Or maybe just with a salad. This easy skillet recipe makes a delicious tilapia main dish that works with many different sides. A mild white fish like this tilapia fish makes a simple recipe, and i think that is the best way to put together an easy meal.
Here are the simple ingredients you’ll need for Pan-Fried Tilapia:
Tilapia fillets are a great way to enjoy protein through an easy meal. Fresh fillets are best to use rather than frozen fish.
Sea salt and black pepper add flavor and spice to this fish recipe.
Egg and mayonnaise for the wet mixture that you will dredge the tilapia in.
Unbleached flour to create a coating for this pan-seared tilapia recipe.
Extra virgin olive oil to fry in. You won’t need too much oil, just 4 Tablespoons.
Here are more delicious recipes to add to your meal plan with this tilapia:
An easy recipe of Fish Tacos with an Easy Spicy Dipping Sauce is perfect to enjoy for any fish lover!
A plate Quick and Creamy Avocado Tomato Salad with Cucumber makes an easy weeknight side dish to enjoy with the family.
Easy recipe for Pan-Seared Tilapia
- 8 pieces tilapia, boneless
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, whisk 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, and 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise.1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp ground black pepper, 1 large egg, 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Using clean hands, add in 8 pieces of tilapia, then mix carefully to cover each piece of tilapia with the egg mixture.8 pieces tilapia,
- If you have the time to have the tilapia marinated in the mixture, that would give it more flavor. However, if you are in a hurry not letting it stand for long will taste great too.
- Heat up 4 Tablespoons olive oil in a pan.4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- On a flat plate add 1 cup of flour. Cover each piece of tilapia in flour before adding to the pan.1 cup unbleached white flour
- Sear each piece, flipping over so both sides of tilapia are a golden brown color. This will be quick.
- Tilapia will be moist and soft. It’s ready to enjoy!