This yummy Olivier salad is good for picnicking or even when company comes over. Its three main ingredients make this salad low in calories!
This classic salad is super simple and well-loved. The fresh ingredients are filled with benefits, then mixed with a simple mayonnaise.
In this recipe, potatoes contains vitamin C and one serving of this salad is 50% of your day’s vitamin C value! Eggs pack in a lot of protein into this salad and pickles contain many antioxidants.
There are many variations of olivier salad, with some including certain ingredients and others leaving out some, but I consider this recipe to be the classic one – both simple and easy, with all of the right ingredients to give the best classic taste.
What do I need to make this recipe?
Cucumber is hydrating and can help lower blood sugar.
Potatoes are rich in fiber and contain antioxidants.
Eggs are filled with protein and vitamin B2.
Green onion is rich in vitamin K and vitamin C.
Carrots are a great source of potassium and beta carotene.
Sweet peas are filled with vitamin A and zinc.
Fresh dill is rich in magnesium and protects against heart disease.
Along with those ingredients, you will need mayonnaise, pickles, and salt.
Here are some tasty sides and appetizer you’ll enjoy!
This 10 Minute Quick Meat Gravy Recipe is great for a family dinner!
These Chebureki with Meat Filling (Savory Turnovers) have an amazing filling and make a great snack!
Simple and Easy Olivier Salad
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled, & diced
- 5 large eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, & diced
- 4 pickles, diced
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 15 oz can sweet peas, drained
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp salt
- Boil potatoes, carrots, and eggs then let cool.
- Dice cucumber, pickles, carrots, potatoes, and eggs.
- Combine diced ingredients with sweet peas, dill, and green onion.
- Combine salad with mayonnaise and 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste). Enjoy!