Do you love quinoa? I sure do. It’s so easy to cook and light on your body. Quinoa is high is fiber and protein, which is something I look for when grocery shopping. Protein and fiber keep my digestion system working well. I love how quinoa can be paired with just about anything, sweet or sour, and it still tastes amazing!
Teriyaki flavors are mostly associated with Asian cuisine, but that shouldn’t stop you from adding it into a quinoa and veggie plate. It brings this bowl together like no other sauce would.
The mushrooms in this recipe are just so mouthwatering! Besides that, they are good for protecting your hair, skin and nails. And the amount of bell pepper in here will definitely boost your immunity and improve your vision. Next time you make quinoa, pair it up with this Mushroom Teriyaki recipe.
Let’s make this recipe! Here’s what you’ll need:
Quinoa is high in fiber and makes the perfect base to this nutritional recipe.
Mushrooms contain protein, which supports tissue building.
Red, yellow, and green bell peppers contain vitamin C, which helps form collagen.
Yellow onion has sulfur compounds, which give it the strong taste it has. These compounds support heart health.
Teriyaki sauce adds the delicious flavors to this recipe with its classic taste.
Along with those ingredients, you will need:
- extra virgin olive oil
How to make Teriyaki Mushrooms and Veggies in a Quinoa Bowl
Teriyaki Mushrooms and Vegetables in a Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lb mushrooms, sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Cook quinoa by adding 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup quinoa to a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, add a pinch of salt, and simmer until water is gone. Fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Heat up a skillet and add 2 Tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Chop 1/2 yellow onion. As soon as mushroom begin to darken, add in the onions. Stir and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Slice red, green and yellow bell peppers, add to the mushrooms. Sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add in 2 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce (I use a gluten-free option). Give everything a good stir and transfer onto a serving plate along with cooked quinoa.