A warm Mushroom Salad with Spinach and Flax Seeds is not only SUPER delicious, but this simple recipe makes mushrooms taste so good!
In the colder months and especially in colder climates, we might lack vitamin D, and mushrooms are a great source of them. So, it’s the perfect time to put this mushroom recipe into circulation!
So next time you are at the grocery store, grab a small bag of organic mushrooms. It is not summer yet and mushrooms naturally generate vitamin D, which enhances calcium absorption and bone strength. They also have the power of boosting your immune system, which is exactly what we need this time of year.
This salad is easy to whip up and truly is delicious. Packed with vitamin K, spinach, flax seeds, and a sweet Dijon dressing, you sure will be feeling healthy and satisfied. What should you look for when buying flax seeds? Find out in this post here.
What do I need to make this recipe?
Crimini mushrooms are low in calories but high in fiber and vitamin D.
Spinach supports bone health and fills you with vitamin K.
Flax seeds are high in omega-3s fats and fiber.
Garlic is rich in antioxidants and improves memory.
Scallions are filled with B vitamins and vitamin C.
Along with those ingredients, you’ll need olive oil, salt, and fresh dill.
Simple Mushroom Salad with Flax Seeds over Spinach
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Sauté until mushrooms begin to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add in minced garlic. Sauté another minute, then add in 1 sliced scallion. Mix together and remove from heat.
- Arrange 1 cup of spinach on a plate and spread mushrooms on top of spinach.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon flax seeds and 1 Tablespoon chopped dill.
- Salad Dressing: Mix together 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard, 1 Tablespoon maple syrup , 2 Tablespoons olive oil, 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar, and a small pinch of salt.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve!