It is yet another sunny summer day, and I am busy as always. I am excited to share with you this next salad recipe so I won’t tell a story today. Mushroom egg avocado with homemade sweet Dijon dressing is a keeper.
Since it’s packed with protein and vitamins, this salad makes a great lunch recipe to take to work with you.
You can even use the leftovers to make a yummy egg salad sandwich!
If you ever read the ingredients on salad dressings at the grocery store you will find that there are way too many, ingredients that I can’t even read. Crazy! So what to do? Make it yourself! This sweet onion dijon dressing is pretty simple to make, and you will have enough of it for at least three salads.
Why should we eat more mushrooms?
Well, if you want to protect your hair, nails, and teeth, mushrooms are the foods to eat. Eating more mushrooms promotes better health and provides a great source of vitamin D which is essential for the regulation of calcium and to support lung function as well as cardiovascular health.
A reason to eat more eggs is that eggs are one of the most nutritious foods! A fun fact is that eggs include at least a little bit of every vitamin and mineral that is required for the human body. And let us not forget the benefits of avocado. This green fruit/vegetable, whatever you classify as fills you up. As a result, the digestive system runs more smoothly because of the large fiber content and it can keep your weight in check.
Mix up this recipe and make it out of order! So let’s start with the dressing! You will need:
- olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- apple cider vinegar
Let’s put the whole plate together! You will need:
Hard-boiled eggs for the B-vitamins and zinc!
Mixed greens which provide your body with vitamins C, A, and fiber.
Mushrooms contain beca gluten, which is a fiber that can support cholesterol and helps regulate blood sugar.
Avocado contains vitamin K, which supports bone metabolism and helps produce prothrombin.
Walnuts are a strong plant source of omega-3s.
How to make an Easy Mushroom and Avocado Salad with Simple Dijon Dressing
Easy Mushroom and Avocado Salad with Simple Dijon Dressing
- 3 large eggs, hard boiled & sliced
- ½ cup mixed greens
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, & sliced
- 1 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
For the Sweet Onion Dijon Dressing:
- Chop 1 small onion. In a pan, sear chopped onions with 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil until onion is soft. (5 minutes) Let cool.
- To a blender or nutri bullet, add seared onions, 1 Tbsp mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp dijon mustard, 1/2 Tbsp honey, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of ground black pepper. Blend till smooth.
- In the same pan you used to sear onions, add 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms and let them brown up just a little bit.
For the Salad:
- Arrange mixed greens on a plate with 3 sliced hard boiled eggs, mushrooms, sliced avocado and 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts. Drizzle sweet onion dijon dressing on top of the salad.