Mexican Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer
This Mexican Shrimp Cocktail is an absolutely flavorful dish! Made with fresh cucumbers, avocados, tomatoes, and cilantro, it is the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day!
Ah, it’s that time of the year again. When the weather can’t decide if it wants to stay cold or burn us all in a midday heatwave. Jacket? No jacket? Shorts? Should I pack some pants too? Should I dress as unpredictable as nature wants to be?
It’s not easy dealing with the weather’s mood swings but if it’s giving me some warmer days, I’m not the one to argue. Because I’ve got some delicious recipes that I would love to share with you all! The ones that are cool and refreshing. The ones that will have you forget about the sweat dripping down your back. Oh yes.
I’ve decided to start with this delicious Mexican Shrimp Cocktail. Yup, the ones you see being passed around during those fancy parties. I’ve always looked at those little cocktail glasses, with those big beautiful shrimps hanging on the brim and thought “that would be impossible to make.” Until I made it. And boy was I wrong!
This recipe is an easy way to impress your guests!
Table of Contents
What Goes Inside?
Shrimp. Of course. You’ll want to slightly cook your shrimp that’s been deveined, peeled, and tail removed. And while you’re devouring that delicious shrimp, know that you’re also getting many vitamins and minerals, protein, and promoting a healthy heart and brain. Win-win!
Veggies. I’ve found avocados, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, and cilantro make the perfect combination.
Salsa base. Tomato juice, lemon juice, a pinch of hot sauce, and some seasoning come together for the base of the cocktail.
You can serve this with some tortilla chips for an easy weeknight appetizer, or serve it traditionally in some cocktail glasses to wow your guests! However you decide to serve it, I’m sure you’ll absolutely love this recipe!
Check out these other delicious recipes:
Homemade Chicken Nuggets are super easy to make at home!
I love making these Bubbly Buttermilk Crepes! They’re thin, delicate, and go perfectly with just about any sweet topping.
Mexican Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer
- mixing spoon
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked, peeled, & cut in half into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups English cucumbers, or seedless, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1½ cup corn kernels, fresh or defrosted
- ¼ cup red onions, chopped
- 4-5 radishes, roughly chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup tomato juice
- ¾ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper, optional
- ¼ cup queso fresco, optional
- tortilla chips, or crackers, for serving, optional
- Place shrimp, cucumbers, celery, corn, red onion, radishes, garlic, and cilantro in a large bowl.1 lb shrimp,, 2 cups English cucumbers,, 1 stalk celery,, 1½ cup corn kernels,, ¼ cup red onions,, 4-5 radishes,, 1-2 cloves garlic,, ¾ cup cilantro,
- Pour tomato juice and lime juice over all ingredients and mix well to coat then add salt and pepper and mix again.¾ cup tomato juice, 2-3 limes,, 1 tsp salt, ⅛ tsp pepper,
- Allow the cocktail to marinate for 10 minutes then taste and adjust flavors to your liking (more lime, salt, pepper, cilantro).
- Serve topped with crumbled queso fresco or feta with crackers or tortilla chips.¼ cup queso fresco,, tortilla chips,
Great appetizer for a crowd. I added the quest but omitted the radishes. Very good.