Looking for a crowd-pleasing recipe? These Marinated Chicken Strips are crispy and crunchy on the outside, yet perfectly tender in the middle. It’s a dish that everyone will keep reaching for, over and over.
Let’s start with a little transparency here. Not every dish we make is praised by every member of the family, am I right? Sometimes, certain recipes are hit and miss with our loved ones. Not every meal will be a crowd-pleaser. Not every dish will yield adults and children alike to lick their plates off clean. And I’ve realized that’s okay. I have my own way to cope with that.
I have a list of foolproof recipes that are enjoyed by the masses. Dishes that are looked forward to by every single member of my household.
These Marinated Chicken Strips are on the top of that list. These are loved by everyone. It’s asked all the time. And they’re always gone in minutes.
Wanna know why? Because they taste better than most take-out chicken strips. Don’t believe me? You gotta try these for yourself.
Table of Contents
Tips and Tricks for Perfectly Seasoned, 100% Delicious Chicken Strips
Marinate your chicken. Yes, it’s an additional step. But, it is so worth it. Marinate the chicken breast strips in boiled water, salt, pepper, garlic, and curry powder. After that, leave them there for at least 30 minutes.
Only one coating of flour. Followed by one dipping of eggs. We’re not into heavily breaded chicken strips. Just enough to bite into and feel the crunch. That’s why I choose to coat in flour once and then into the whisked eggs. After that, they go straight into the pan.
Don’t bake. I mean, you could. And they’ll taste great. But the flavor you get from shallow frying these bad boys is just out of this world.
Ready to make the best chicken strips yet? Give this recipe a go and let me know how you liked it!
Chicken is a great source of protein. Here are some more chicken recipes you can make:
This recipe is the Best Way to Make Chicken in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce. It’s delicious and creamy!
This Braised Chicken with Potato is great to make when you have many tasks to complete. It just simmers on the stove!
The Best Skillet Marinated Chicken Strips
- Large bowl
- small bowl
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups boiled water
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium sized bowl, combine boiled water, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic cloves, and curry powder.2 cups boiled water, 1 Tbsp kosher salt, 1 pinch black pepper, 2 cloves garlic,, ¼ tsp curry powder
- Cut boneless and skinless chicken breasts into small strips, add into the water mixer; let marinate for at least 30 minutes.3 chicken breasts,
- In one small bowl add flour and in another small bowl whisk the eggs.2½ cups flour
- When ready to cook the chicken, heat up olive oil in a pan. Dredge chicken strips in flour and then in the whisked eggs; add to the heated oil. Fry each side.3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 2 large eggs