But, if you are up for a twist and feeling like you need some sunshine in your life, make sure to scroll down and find out how to make this mango guacamole made from avocados, garlic, mangos, green onions, cilantro, and lime!
Scientifically, avocado is a fruit. It grows on trees and combined with mango, one could technically say that this is a fruit dip. Since avocado is more commonly eaten in savory dishes, we’ll stick to calling it guacamole. But combining the avocado with mango and lime, as well as so much more fresh produce, it really doesn’t matter what you call it: your mouth will be full with the taste of this yummy recipe!
I usually buy avocados while they are still hard, then let them sit in a bowl on the counter until they’ve reached the perfect ripeness. Then put them in the fridge to keep them from going bad fast.
To make this recipe, you will need:
Avocados fill you with potassium and fiber.
Mango is rich in vitamin E and beta-carotene.
Cilantro can help to lower blood sugar and prevents food poisoning.
Green onion is a good source of vitamins K and A.
Lime is filled with antioxidants and vitamin C.
Garlic fights inflammation and boosts your immune system.
Along with these ingredients, you will need salt.
How to Make a Mango Guacamole Just 3 Easy Steps
Easy Mango Guacamole in 3 Steps
- 3 medium-sized avocados
- ¾-1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ large lime, juiced, or 1 whole smaller lime
- 1 medium-sized mango, peeled & chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 Tbsp green onion, chopped, the white part
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced, more or less depending on taste
- Scoop flesh out of avocados and cut into cubes then add to a large bowl along with chopped cilantro, salt, lime juice, chopped mango, chopped green onions, and garlic.
- Using a fork, mash avocado and gently mix all ingredients together. Taste and add extra lime, salt or garlic to preferred taste.
- Top with some extra mango, chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of cayenne or paprika and serve with tortillas chips or sliced cucumbers.