If you are looking for an alternative to a classic potato leek soup, this soup is a great new option! It’s a simple yet tasty and low-calorie and low-carb soup. If maybe you’re just looking for a different kind of vegetarian soup, then this spinach, leek, and roasted cauliflower soup is a good idea.
Usually, you won’t be able to come across a low-carb soup this easily. But now that you’re here, it’s your lucky day! This low-carb soup is easy to make, takes less than 30 minutes, and is so very tasty.
I’m pretty sure that I can guarantee that you’ve never had this kind of vegetarian soup. It’s creamy, and the base here is cauliflower with leeks. The cauliflower is roasted, which brings out a better flavor in it. Usually, veggies that are roasted are more enjoyable.
It’s a flavorful and creamy soup without ANY dairy needed! Made in just 30 minutes, this most diet-approved soup will definitely warm you up and could help keep you healthier. It’s a great soup to enjoy on the plant-based diet.
Healthy and Easy-to-Find Ingredients for a Gluten-free Cauliflower and Leek Soup:
This Cauliflower – Leek Soup is made with chicken stock (or broth), but to keep this recipe vegan, you can use vegetable stock and it’ll be just as hearty. For this creamed-spinach soup you will need these main veggies:
Cauliflower: Although cauliflower does come in different colors, I recommend that you choose the white cauliflower for this soup. It is high in fiber and phytonutrients.
With the leeks, you can use both the white and light green parts. Leeks contain flavonoids and antioxidants which have anti-inflammatory properties.
Spinach: Make sure to get fresh spinach, not frozen. Spinach is rich in vitamins A, C, K, and folic acid.
The soup is seasoned with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. For garnish, sprinkle a bit of fresh chopped chives, which contain vitamin C and fiber – definitely a daily nutrient need.
Here are a couple more delicious cauliflower recipes:
This is the best Easy Buffalo Cauliflower with a Homemade Dipping Sauce that makes the perfect appetizer!
This Healthy Fried Cauliflower Rice with Veggies is a great lunch.
Quick Low Carb Spinach and Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Leeks
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- Soup pot
- cutting board
- 5 cups cauliflower florets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, additional
- 2 large leeks, cut into thin rounds (white and light green parts)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh spinach, tightly packed when measured
- ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp chives, freshly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread cauliflower florets out on it. Drizzle them with 4 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder and sea salt and roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until it starts to brown.
- While cauliflower is roasting, heat a soup pot over medium heat and add the additional 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir in leeks and allow to cook for 8-10 minutes or until they soften and start to brown.
- Turn off heat and set leeks aside.
- When cauliflower is done, remove from the oven and add it to the soup pot along with the broth and spinach. Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove from heat and allow soup to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Add soup ingredients along with lemon and pepper to a blender and gently blend until smooth.
- Add extra salt or lemon if needed to taste.
- Serve warm topped with chopped chives.