This cherry cake is stacked with delicious layers – spongy cake, cherry liquid, beautiful cherries, mascarpone cheese, and grated chocolate. It is absolutely divine.
I love a refrigerated cake. It hits differently than a freshly baked, warm cake. Both are delicious in their own ways but there’s just something extra special about a refrigerated cake. These cakes get time to let their flavors deepen. The flavors really get to infuse with their neighboring layers and sometimes you really miss that with other types of cakes.
Well this refrigerated cake is AH-MAZING. It has everything you’d want in a cake:
A beautiful baked cake moistened with a fruity juice
In this case a simple cake moistened with the liquid from cherry pie filling
A layer of yummy fruit
This is a cherry cake, so it’s got cherries. And a generous amount too
Cream to top it all off with
I’ve used a mixture of mascarpone cheese, cool whip, and sugar. Oh my, it is so good!
Something to garnish the cake with
Grated chocolate and chocolate chips. Oh yes.
These delicious elements are layered together and then put into the refrigerator to set. I use the word “set” because it’s in the refrigerator when the flavors get to combine beautifully.
I recommend at least a minimum of 2-3 hours in the refrigerator but if you take a bite of this cake the next day, you’ll be so impressed. It always tastes better the next day. Which is perfect if you’re looking for a make-ahead dessert.
This cherry cake is oh so yummy and easy to put together! I’m sure you’ll impress friends and family with this!
What do I need to make the bottom layer of cake?
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
What do I need to make the cream?
- 12 oz of Cool whip
- 275 g Mascarpone Cheese
- 3/4 cup of sugar
What do I need to make the cherry layer?
- 2 cans of Cherry pie filling
What do I need to make the chocolate topping?
- Grate a little of chocolate to decorate
These amazing cake recipes are perfect for any occasion:
I love enjoying this Moist and Easy Apple Cake with Sunflower Seeds in the evenings with a cup of tea!
You can learn how to make a Russian Korolevsky Cake (King’s Cake) with many layers!
How to make a Layered Mascarpone and Cherry Cake with Chocolate
- hand mixer
- Cake spatula
- Bread knife
- Cooling rack
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup unbleached flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 12 oz cool whip
- 275 grams mascarpone cheese
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- chocolate, grated
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a cake pan so cake doesn't stick.
- Strain 2 cans of cherry filling into a bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar together 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the speed and add in flour and baking powder
- Add the batter to the cake pan and transfer to the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- With a hand mixer, beat together mascarpone cheese and ¾ cup of sugar for 1 minute.
- On a lower speed, beat in the cool whip, 2 minutes.
- After you have removed the baked cake from the oven, cut a very thin layer off the top.
- Put the sides of the cake pan around the baked cake.
- Spread a thin layer of the strained cherry juice on the cake for moisture.
- Top with the strained cherries.
- Carefully spread the mascarpone cheese mixture on top of the cherries.
- Grate some chocolate on top of the cake.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, then enjoy!