Ingredients you will need:
- Fruit: Pears are in season during these months, so it is the perfect time to make this smoothie! Also, add a banana, while I prefer fresh bananas, frozen will taste great too.
- Water: Use coconut water for ultimate health benefits, or regular water. For the flavor, add a dash of vanilla extract.
- Chia seeds
- Greens: Add in your favorite greens! Kale, spinach, or romaine lettuce would be best. In addition, add fresh parsley leaves.
- Sweet: Medjool dates (pitted). You can add more if you like things a little bit sweeter.
How to Make a Sweet Greens and Pear Smoothie with Chia Seeds
Place all of the ingredients in a blender. I like the Vitamix blender, it has been working so well for me for so many years.
Blend ingredients until smooth and serve.
Makes about 3 servings, so there’s enough to share with a friend or two.
How to Make Greens and Pear Smoothie with Chia Seeds
- cutting board
- 2 pears
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups coconut water, or plain water
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 2 cups greens, chopped: kale, spinach, or romaine lettuce would be best
- ¼ cup parsley leaves
- 2-3 Medjool dates, pitted, add more if desired
- 2 cups ice
- 1 pinch salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend ingredients until smooth and serve.