How to make a Dairy Free Mango Lassi
This is a refreshing, sweet, rich, and dairy-free mango lassi. Mango lassi is not just your typical mango smoothie, it’s a favorite drink at Indian restaurants that originated in the Indian subcontinent.
Table of Contents
What is Mango Lassi?
“Lassi” refers to any yogurt-based drink. Mango lassi is a blend of water, spices, yogurt, and mango fruit. It’s a perfectly creamy summer drink that can be made with fresh mangos, as well as frozen mango.
At our house, we go through mangos more than any other fruit. Particularly the champagne mango. Ever since we tried them on our first trip to Mexico, we can’t have enough of them. While mangos are deliciously tasty and sweet on their own, blending them together with other ingredients makes a satisfying summer drink.
How to Make Dairy Free Mango Lassi
If you can’t get your hands on fresh mangos, you can totally substitute for frozen ones. Blend together the mangoes, 1 cup of coconut yogurt, 1 cup of coconut milk, 3 Tablespoons of coconut palm sugar, and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, and then finish with a pinch of salt and cardamom.
Combine all ingredients into a blender.
Blend all well together until smooth.
Garnish with a pinch of cardamom, chopped pistachio nuts, and fresh mint leaves.
Here are some more amazing mango recipes to enjoy:
You can make this Easy Mango Guacamole in just 3 steps!
This Mango Salad with Avocado is a great summer salad with loads of vitamin C.
How to Make a Dairy Free Mango Lassi
- 2 cups mango, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt, or another yogurt alternative
- 3 Tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk, or another milk alternative
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground cardamom, optional
- 1 Tbsp pistachio, chopped for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.2 cups mango,, 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt,, 3 Tbsp coconut palm sugar, 1 cup coconut milk,, ¼ tsp cinnamon, 1 pinch salt, 1 pinch ground cardamom,, 1 Tbsp pistachio,
- Top with chopped pistachios and a sprig of mint if desired.