What is Mango Lassi?
“Lassi” refers to any yogurt-based drink. Mango lassi is a blend of water, spices, yogurt, and mango fruit. It’s a perfectly creamy summer drink that can be made with fresh mangos, as well as frozen mango.
At our house, we go through mangos more than any other fruit. Particularly the champagne mango. Ever since we tried them on our first trip to Mexico, we can’t have enough of them. While mangos are deliciously tasty and sweet on their own, blending them together with other ingredients makes a satisfying summer drink.
How to Make Dairy Free Mango Lassi
If you can’t get your hands on fresh mangos, you can totally substitute for frozen ones. Blend together the mangoes, 1 cup of coconut yogurt, 1 cup of coconut milk, 3 Tablespoons of coconut palm sugar, and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, and then finish with a pinch of salt and cardamom.
Combine all ingredients into a blender.
Blend all well together until smooth.
Garnish with a pinch of cardamom, chopped pistachio nuts, and fresh mint leaves.
How to Make a Dairy Free Mango Lassi
- cutting board
- 2 cups mango, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt, or another yogurt alternative
- 3 Tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk, or another milk alternative
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground cardamom, optional
- 1 Tbsp pistachio, chopped for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with chopped pistachios and a sprig of mint if desired.