BENEFIT OF CAULIFLOWER
This soup is served blended, so you can’t even tell which vegetables you are eating, you’re just getting the full benefits of each and every one of them. That happens to be an excellent way to enjoy the vegetables you may not like looking at, like my son, who tends to pick out all of the onions every time. The main ingredient of this healthy cauliflower is soup is obviously the cauliflower (hint: it’s in the name). Cauliflower is high anti-inflammatory and high in fiber; therefore it’s a big deal in the nutrition world. Inflammation and its symptoms can get out of hand, especially for those who consume a lot of junk foods. Fiber is one benefit I look for when I choose what to eat since it’s great for digestion. Fiber is essential to help food move through the digestive tract, and certain types of fiber can help you maintain regularity. Soluble fiber provides nutrients to healthy gut bacteria that play an important role in good digestive health.
Easy Healthy Cauliflower Soup with Croutons
- garlic press
- cutting board
- Soup pot
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, shredded
- 32 oz vegetable stock
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pinch salt, add to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, add to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add in onion and garlic; cook for about 5 minutes (until softened.)
- When the onion is soft and ready, add the carrots, celery, and cauliflower. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat. Add salt and pepper to the water (to taste) and cover with a lid. Cook on low for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and puree the soup in a blender (in small batches) then return it into the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cheese and mix until it is all melted.
- Before serving, garnish each plate with croutons and green onion.