Nothing screams more refreshing than grapefruits. They are juicy, sweet, and citrusy. Grapefruits are the stars in this delicious dish. Combined with honey, raspberries, and fresh greens, this combination is perfect any time of the day.
Grapefruits are so underutilized. We think grapefruits can only be consumed if you sprinkle a packet of sugar on top and are at least 60 years old. Grapefruits are actually pretty great on their own.
But if plain-jane grapefruits don’t get you excited, maybe combining them with other ingredients will get you to enjoy them more.
This recipe is the perfect way to use those grapefruits sitting in your refrigerator.
All you need is seven ingredients and 10 minutes. You’ll have a bowl of this delicious grapefruit goodness. And you’ll wonder where it’s been all your life.
Why You Need To Make This Dish:
- It’s nutritious! Grapefruit is rich in Vitamins A and C, folate, and choline. It has antioxidant and immunity-boosting properties. Raspberries are also high in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- It’s so easy! Seriously, the only prep work you need to do here is peel and cut the grapefruit, and whisk the ingredients for your dressing.
- It’s absolutely refreshing! I love making this salad on a summer afternoon. It hydrates you, refreshes you, and cools you down.
- It’ll curb your sweet cravings. Instead of reaching for something that’s packed with artificial sugars, make a big bowl of this grapefruit and berry salad. It’ll satisfy your sweet tooth without making you feel gross afterwards.
Next time you’re in need of a refreshing dish, make this Easy Sweet Grapefruit And Berries Over Greens Salad! I promise you won’t be disappointed!
What are the health benefits of grapefruit and honey?
Why should you be eating more grapefruit? Because grapefruits strengthen your immune system, boost your metabolism and great for weight loss. Grapefruits are also a great stress reducer and helps keeps hungry away.
Besides grapefruit, you should also load on extra raspberries on this salad. Raspberries help with wrinkles and aging. Eating more of them will promote good health overall and protect against infections.
Don’t forget the health benefits of honey! Honey is good for preventing infections. Consuming it gives you a boost of energy and its an awesome substitute for sugar.
What do I need to make this salad?
Grapefruit may not be a regular salad addition, but it’s unique flavor will have you reaching for seconds!
Mixed greens contain vitamins A & C, and are very important to always keep in your regular diet.
Raspberries are best enjoyed freshly picked, so enjoy them mid-July through August!
For the dressing:
- extra virgin olive oil
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
Easy Sweet Grapefruit and Berries over Greens
- cutting board
- salad bowl
- mixing spoon
- 2 grapefruits, peeled & sliced into wedges
- ½ cup mixed greens
- ¼ cup raspberries
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- Peel and slice 2 grapefruits, then cut into wedge pieces.
- Mix grapefruit with 1/2 cup mixed greens and 1/4 cup fresh raspberries.
- Whisk together 1 Tablespoon honey, 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, a tiny pinch of cinnamon, and a tiny pinch of ground ginger. Drizzle on top of salad, then let stand for two minutes. Once the flavors are well incorporated, serve and enjoy!