A great nutritional salad when you are craving sweets is this no guilt Sweet Fig and Pomegranate Salad with Honey Vinaigrette.
Leafy greens and sweet salads DO mix! This salad is the perfect example of a sweet, tasty combination you’ll love. The pomegranate and figs add that fruity touch while romaine lettuce rests as the base. Goat cheese adds that salty, creamy, and cold touch on top. Finally, the honey vinaigrette combines the flavors and complements them perfectly!
Take advantage of this juicy sweet fruit while it’s in season! Figs are around in the late August to September. There are five different kind of figs, and each one has great nutritional benefits including vitamins A, B1, B2, iron, manganese, potassium and fiber. This juicy salad is great this time of year, because you don’t just get the figs, but also pomegranate season, too. Pomegranate is a delicious fruit which improves memory and curbs hunger. Goat cheese is good for you too! Low in fat and high in calcium, this cheese benefits the nervous system.
What do I need to make this recipe?
Romaine lettuce is packed with phosphorus, which supports tissue and bone repair.
Pomegranate is rich in folate, which is a B vitamin that helps create blood cells.
Figs fill you with potassium, which is an electrolyte that supports nerve function.
Goat cheese gives your body healthy fats, which are necessary for energy and contain vitamins.Along with those ingredients, you’ll need honey, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and extra virgin olive oil for the dressing!
Other festive salads to create:
Pomegranate and Fig Salad with a Quick Honey Vinaigrette
- cutting board
- salad bowl
- mixing spoon
- small bowl
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ pomegranate
- 5 figs, cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Chop 1 head of romaine lettuce and cut figs into wedges. Take pomegranate out of the shell, and discard the white membrane, and sprinkle over the lettuce with figs.
- In a small shallow dish, whisk together 1 Tablespoon honey, 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice, and 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil. Serve drizzled over salad!