These chicken strips are way better than the frozen, store-bought version. Tender, juicy, and full of flavor, you’ll know that you’re serving your family only the best.
Okay, I think I did it. I made the best chicken strips at home.
This is not an exaggeration.
These chicken strips were so full of flavor. They were juicy. Crispy on the outside, and amazingly tender on the inside. It has everything you’d ever want in a chicken strip.
And the best part? These chicken strips are baked to golden perfection – not fried. I know what you’re thinking. Baked chicken strips can never taste as good as fried ones. I used to think the same. Until I baked these bad boys, and I can not say enough how amazing they were.
Want to know the secret? It’s all in the breading. Which surprisingly, uses absolutely no bread crumbs.
Are you ready to hear what I use? Wait.
Oh yes. Ritz crackers help give these chicken strips their beautiful crunch. It’s what sets these apart.
It all starts with crushed crackers. I like to use a food processor for this. Then I add my spices/herbs. I use a combination of garlic salt, pepper, cayenne (for a kick), sage, flour, and parmesan cheese. The coating is everything. It is crunchy, flavorful, and earthy.
Once you douse the chicken breast into the egg, you’ll thoroughly coat it with your “breading.” And then, you bake it! I know what you’re wondering. These are going to be dry. Nowhere near as good as fried chicken strips. Well, let me spill the secrets.
Once you place the chicken into your baking dish, you drizzle it with olive oil. Then add slices of unsalted butter.
Oh yes. You get that lip-smacking buttery taste, without the deep fryer. You’re welcome.
What do I need to make this recipe?
- buttery crackers (Ritz)
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- unsalted butter
- olive oil
- chicken breasts
- onion salt
- cayenne pepper
- parmesan cheese
Looking for protein-filled recipes? Check out these chicken dishes:
You can learn how to make Braised Chicken with Potato at home! It’s the perfect recipe for multitasking.
You can pop these Spiced Chicken Wings into the oven and they’ll be done in no time!
Famous Simple Butter Chicken Strips
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttery crackers, crushed
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- onion salt, to taste
- sage, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Crush the crackers (I use a food processor.)
- Place beaten eggs and crackers in two different bowls.
- Into the crackers, add 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (depending how spicy you want chicken strips) , 1/2 teaspoon sage, 1 Tablespoon flour, and 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese. * You could add more or less of spices depending on your taste.
- Cut the chicken breast into strips.
- Dip chicken into beaten eggs.
- Next, cover chicken in the crumb mixture.
- Arrange chicken in a baking dish.
- Pour 1 Tablespoon of olive oil onto the chicken.
- Add pieces of unsalted butter around the chicken.
- Cover dish with foil, and bake in oven for 40 minutes (if you like them crispy on top, broil for last 2mins with out foil.)