Just like my other spinach salad recipes, this one comes with simple ingredients, but is loaded with flavor!
You will love this salad because…
- Tastes great!
- Perfect as a side dish to any protein
- it has seasonal ingredients
- Make it ahead of time (just put the vinaigrette to the side, and toss before serving)
- It won’t occupy any space on your stovetop or oven
- It’s loaded with super healthy ingredients
What do you need to make a simple Winter Pomegranate Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Green: Spinach (great for iron)
Winter fruit: pomegranate, orange
Dairy: parmesan (optional)
the dressing makes all the difference
Apple Cider Vinaigrette, olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
How to make a Perfect Winter Pomegranate Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Perfect Winter Pomegranate Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 5 cups spinach
- 1 cup pomegranate, seeded
- 1 orange, supremed
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped & toasted
- parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Mix dressing ingredients (olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, salt, & pepper) in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a new bowl, add spinach, pomegranate seeds, avocado, shallots, pecans, parmesan, parsley, and top with dressing.
- Serve with a little extra cheese and parsley on top.