Trader Joe’s is such a unique store, with its own interesting ingredients. Recently I got English peas there, they are not frozen and they are not in a can. They have a fresh and sweet taste to them. Perfect for fresh salads like this English pea Quinoa Salad.
What do you love from Trader Joes?
Why should you eat more English peas?
This small rounded green goodness is filled with fiber, vitamins K, C, B6, B2, protein, iron, potassium, magnesium, and even copper.
Which health benefits does this salad pack?
Since this salad contains quinoa, this ingredient packs in a lot of protein but it is also high in antioxidants which benefit our overall health. This salad includes a special ingredient that heals gum diseases and cavities. It also packs in a lot of potassium and iron. If you’re thinking about raisins, you are correct. Raisins have so many health benefits. One of the last few ingredients I will mention from this salad that benefits our health is lemon. Your liver loves this citrusy fruit because it works as a dissolvent for uric acid and poisons. Another reason to love lemons is because it contains large antibacterial properties.
What do I need to make this recipe?
Quinoa fills you with kaempferol, which reduces the risk of cancers.
Trader Joe’s English peas are a big source of vitamin E, which supports your vision.
Raisins contain fiber and minerals, helping your body to stay healthy and grow.
Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C, which helps to repair tissues.
Along with those ingredients, you’ll need water, salt, fresh dill, and extra virgin olive oil.
More nutritious salads to make:
Easy Quinoa Salad with Trader Joe's English Peas
- Lemon squeezer
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup quinoa
- 10 oz English peas, from Trader Joe's
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Tbsp fresh dill, chopped, optional ingredient
- Into a small pot add 1 cup of water with 1/2 cup quinoa. Boil for 10 minutes or until water is gone.
- Boil English peas for 90 seconds in water. Drain water and add the peas to quinoa.
- Add 1/4 cup raisins, juice from 1/2 lemon, 1/2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, and a pinch of salt.
- Garnish with fresh dill (optional).