here’s always something special about discovering new ingredients. Enjoy this grilled Eggplant Zucchini Rolls with Land Cress, maybe you’ll find a new ingredient you’ll love.
Have you ever heard of land cress? I haven’t until a couple weeks ago. This great green goodness is fat-free, making it great for weight-loss. It tsates great paired with eggplant and zucchini. Also, land cress has no sodium, yay! The best benefit of land cress is all the antioxidants. This great tasting green leaves contain twice as much vitamin A as is found in broccol, and has more vitamin C than oranges!
Having eggplant and zucchini, this recipe is full of potassium (which is in the eggplant) and also a high source of vitamin C and antioxidants (which are in the zucchini). This recipe is just chick full of beneficial ingredients!
So start incorporating land cress into your diet, seriously.Here is a quick recipe that is vegan, satisfying and great for parties. It’s still grilling season so this grilled eggplant zucchini land cress rolls are a perfect way to start your land cress intake! (Can you tell I am really excited about this green stuff?)
What do I need to make this recipe?
Eggplant is rich in fiber and potassium, as well as vitamin B6.
Zucchini fills you with vitamin C and improves heart health.
Fresh land cress has vitamin A and vitamin E.
Along with those ingredients, you will need salt, black pepper, and extra virgin olive oil.
Simple Grilled Eggplant Zucchini and Land Cress Rolls
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 2½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 small handful fresh land cress
- Slice 1 eggplant and 1 zucchini into thin slices.
- In a bowl, combine 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Marinade sliced eggplant and zucchini in oil + spices for 5 minutes.
- Fire up the grill and start grilling eggplant and zucchini. Grill both sides until they begin to brown (about 3 minutes each side).
- Roll eggplant into zucchini and insert a toothpick to make each eggplant and zucchini roll stay together.
- Drizzle 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil on each roll.
- Chop a small handful of fresh land cress and sprinkle on top of each roll.