Quick, crispy, and crunchy fennel apple salad with cabbage and walnuts make this side dish very appropriate to serve alongside any protein.
If you’re looking for a simple apple salad, you are in luck! This is the perfect place to find a tasty, delicious fall salad. You’re in the right place. This salad is all about the crunch! This is why it has become my daily favorite beginning of fall. It’s a nice contrast.
Side dishes aren’t always the easiest to find. They have to pair up with the main dish, but also differ in flavor to add a variety to the plate. Not only that, but the flavor must accompany the main dish for a well-rounded meal to also taste delicious. You’ve come to the right place with this salad!
This Easy Fennel Apple Salad adds sweetness to your main dish and perfectly complement it, no matter what you chooose to serve it with! Don’t forget to make the main dish protein: it’ll balance out into a well-rounded meal.
Ingredients you need to make the perfect salad for this fall:
Apples help to lower cholesterol and support the immune system.
Fennel is rich in vitamin B6 and folate, as well as potassium.
Red cabbage is full of vitamin K and zinc.
Walnuts add the crunch and omega-3 fatty acids to this saald.
Along with those ingredients, you will need walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and black pepper to make the tasty dressing.
Apples go into so many salads! Here are a couple of my favorite salads with apples:
This Apple Spinach Avocado Salad has the most tasty Sweet Lemon Vinaigrette!
Looking for a broccoli-based salad? This Easy Granny Smith Apples and Vegetable Salad has broccoli and carrots.
Easy Fennel Apple Salad made with Cabbage and Walnuts
- 2 tart green or red apples, julienned
- 4 medium fennel bulbs, 1" mandolin sliced
- ½ cup fennel fronds, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 large pinch black pepper
- Toast walnuts in a small pan for 3-5 minutes over medium heat or until they start to brown. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside to cool.
- Place julienned apples, fennel slices, cabbage, fennel fronds, and walnuts into a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and mix well.
- Top with extra fennel fronds and serve.