Easy Fennel Apple Salad made with Cabbage and Walnuts
- Small skillet (pan)
- cutting board
- small bowl
- Mandolin slicer
- 2 tart green or red apples, julienned
- 4 medium fennel bulbs, 1" mandolin sliced
- ½ cup fennel fronds, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 large pinch black pepper
- Toast walnuts in a small pan for 3-5 minutes over medium heat or until they start to brown. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside to cool.
- Place julienned apples, fennel slices, cabbage, fennel fronds, and walnuts into a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and mix well.
- Top with extra fennel fronds and serve.