Benefits of tomatoes
95% of tomatoes is water, and the other 5% consists of manly carbohydrates and fiber.
Some benefits of this juicy fruit include:
- vitamin C boosts the immune system
- potassium helps lower blood pressure
- vitamin K supports healthy bones
- Folic acid promotes healthy hair, nails, and skin
Fresh tomatoes are also low in carbs, making it a great ingredient to add to almost any diet, especially if you are looking to lose or maintain your weight.
How to make balsamic tomato salad
This tomato salad is one of the easiest recipes that can be done in just a couple of minutes. You can choose to substitute dill for any other herb(s) of your choice. I like to use white balsamic vinegar in simple recipes like this one rather than dark balsamic vinegar; I find that it gives a lighter taste to the salad.
How to make Easy Balsamic Tomato Salad
- cutting board
- Large bowl
- mixing spoon
- 1 lb grape tomatoes halved
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt, more to taste if needed
- ¼ tsp fresh dill, chopped
- Combine together all ingredients.
- Salt and pepper to taste, then enjoy!