Did you get the memo about cauliflower? And how it can morph into so many things? If not, you better go grab a few heads of cauliflower because there is so much you can do with it!
Let’s Talk Cauliflower
Cauliflower was once the humble vegetable that has now gained popularity like no other vegetable before.
- High in fiber
- Good source of antioxidants
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Inexpensive and found easily
WHAT IT CAN DO:
- Need a low-carb version of rice? Rice up some cauliflower and saute! It makes the perfect base so you can enjoy your favorite curries without the added carbs.
- Puree it for a healthier alternative to mashed potatoes.
- Cut them, coat them, and back them for some delicious buffalo-flavored cauliflower bites. This is my absolute favorite thing to do with cauliflower.
Do these taste exactly like buffalo wings? No, they don’t. They’re made from cauliflower. If you come with the expectation that they’ll taste just like your favorite chicken wings, these might disappoint. Are these delicious as cauliflower buffalo bites? Heck yes! They’re spicy, crunchy, and so flavorful.
Easy and Delicious Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 Tbsp milk, of choice
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos, or tamari, soy sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick mat.
- Whisk egg and milk together in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Whisk buffalo sauce ingredients in another bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine almond flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Add cauliflower florets to the egg mixture and make sure all pieces are coated. Add an extra egg if needed.
- Roll each piece of cauliflower individually in the almond flour mixture and place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove from oven and brush each cauliflower piece with buffalo sauce.
- Place back in oven 15-20 minutes then remove from oven and serve.
- Serve with your favorite garlic aioli or ranch dip.