Ingredients you can find at any grocery store
Super easy to find any of the ingredients that go into this creamy and crispy soup, you may even have most at head already. It comes together so quickly with just one bunch of asparagus, and a few other tasty and flavor bursting veggies like garlic and shallots. Then, make it creamy by adding 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream and for the liquid, you can use store bought vegetable broth or make your own. For a complete meal and the ultimate flavor, top it off with parmesan cheese and crispy bacon.
So, let’s put together this soup! You will need:
- vegetable broth
- heavy cream
- nutritional yeast
How to make Easy and Creamy Asparagus Soup with Crispy Bacon
Easy and Creamy Asparagus Soup with Crispy Bacon
- 1 large bundle asparagus, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2½ cups vegetable broth
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup parmesan, for topping
- 5 strips bacon
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook in a large pot until crisp.
- Set bacon aside. Add in 1 tbsp butter to the same pot, shallot and garlic and cook until fragrant/beginning to caramelize.
- Add asparagus and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in broth, salt & pepper. Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until asparagus is softened.
- Using a hand blender, puree soup until smooth. Stir in cream, lemon juice and nutritional yeast.
- Serve hot with crispy bacon and shaved parmesan.