This great summer salad is one of my favorite salads to enjoy on a hot summer day. My mom made it so many times when we were little and I don’t stop making it for my kids, especially during the summertime. I love the smell of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers right from the garden; making this a wonderfully fresh summer salad. This salad is a perfect mix of freshening up breath, flushing out toxins (cucumber health benefits) and heart health benefits (tomato health benefit). Enjoy this refreshing, beneficial salad.
Easy and Classic Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- ½ lb cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 stems fresh dill, chopped
- 1 stem green onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Slice tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Chop 2 stems fresh dill and 1 stem green onion.
- Combine cut ingredients with 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.