Why should you add dandelion to your salads?
You may be most familiar with dandelion as a stubborn weed that never seems to leave your lawn or garden. The green leaves I had to pull out as weeds as a child, turns out to be very nutritional and worth adding to your diet. If you haven’t tried a dandelion salad before, this one is a must!
The dandelion is anti-fungal, anti-oxidant and anti-microbial as well as helps clear up acne. Dandelion greens are highly nutritional and provide a great amount of several minerals, including iron, calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
There have been studies done that dandelion leaves help with constipation and other digestion-related problems. In addition, dandelion greens can import the skin since they give the body 112% of the daily requirement vitamin A.
In this salad, also are very healthy eggs that are a good source of protein and vitamin D. Olive oil will make this salad powerful to protect bones, slow aging process and improve hair health! Also, the dijon dressing just tops off all the flavors! It’s a must try.
What do I need to make this salad?
Dandelion leaves benefit your body by fighting inflammation.
Eggs provide protein and omega-3!
Red onion have quercetin and fight bacteria harmful to your body!
What do I need for the dressing?
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- Dijon mustard
How to make Healthy Dandelion Egg Salad with Easy Dijon Dressing
Healthy Dandelion Egg Salad with Easy Dijon Dressing
- garlic press
- cutting board
- salad bowl
- mixing spoon
- 1 bush fresh dandelion leaves, chopped is optional
- 3 large eggs, boiled, peeled, & sliced
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Cut or tear 1 bush of fresh dandelion leaves, arrange on a plate.
- Peel and slice 3 large boiled eggs; add to the dandelion leaves.
- Chop 2 slices of red onion; add to the dandelion leaves.
- Dressing: Whisk together 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, 1 minced garlic clove, and 1 teaspoon dijon mustard.