Dairy Free Thai Curry Bowl with Vegetables and Noodles
This Dairy-free Thai Red Curry with Vegetables and Noodles is full of flavor and is ready in about 30 minutes!
Table of Contents
What goes into a Thai Red Curry Recipe?
This recipe is worth the trip to the grocery store because you will need a few ingredients that most of us may not keep on hand at all times.
Not only is this curry dairy-free but also can be made gluten-free! It uses coconut milk, coconut sugar, and coconut oil, but don’t worry: the flavor of coconut does not overpower the curry. I would also reccommend that you use Tamari sauce instead of soy sauce for a gluten-free and low-sodium version.
Feel free to substitute vegetables to what you may already have on hand, but I put in onions, ginger, garlic, red peppers, zucchini, carrots, and cabbage (you can use either red or green).
Here are some more great recipes to try out:
This Matcha Latte Smoothie is packed with nutritious ingredients.
This Romaine Salad With Hearts Of Palm And Oranges is the perfect light salad to add to any meal.
Dairy Free Thai Red Curry Bowl with Vegetables and Noodles
- Soup pot
- garlic press
- Serving bowls
- 1 pkg white or brown rice noodles
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ red onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2-3 Tbsp red curry paste, more if you want it spicy
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, or coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp tamari sauce, or soy sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth, or chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup asparagus, or zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, sliced into rounds or slices
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded, or you can use green cabbage
- fresh basil, chopped
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- fresh mint, chopped
- Prepare all veggies and set aside then prepare noodles according to package instructions and set aside.1 pkg white or brown rice noodles, 1½ cups broccoli florets, 1 cup red bell pepper,, 1 cup asparagus,, 3 carrots,, 1 cup red cabbage,
- Heat coconut oil on medium heat in a medium-sized soup pot. Once hot add red onions and a pinch of salt and cook 5-10 minutes until onions are translucent.1 Tbsp coconut oil, ½ red onion,
- Next, add garlic and ginger and stir in quickly then add red curry paste and stir again quickly.2 cloves garlic,, 1 Tbsp fresh ginger,, 2-3 Tbsp red curry paste,
- Add can of coconut milk and broth to the pot and bring to a boil then add sugar, fish sauce, and tamari/soy sauce and carrot then turn heat down and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.1 can coconut milk,, 1 Tbsp brown sugar,, 1 Tbsp fish sauce, 2 Tbsp tamari sauce,, 3 carrots,, 4 cups vegetable broth,
- Add broccoli, asparagus or zucchini and peppers and cook until bright green, approximately 2-3 more minutes.1½ cups broccoli florets, 1 cup asparagus,, 1 cup red bell pepper,
- Serve in individual bowls with the desired amount of noodles and soup in each bowl and top with shredded fresh red cabbage, shredded carrots (optional) and chopped herbs such as chopped cilantro, mint or basil.fresh basil,, fresh cilantro,, fresh mint,