Do you know what’s really underrated on a dinner table? The salad.
Yes, I said it. salads deserve much more love than they get. I’m raising some serious salad awareness, one recipe at a time.
Seriously though, the ham and turkeys and pies are great. But the crisp vegetables, smooth dressings, crunchy toppings bring the entire menu together.
And this Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad is definitely the salad to make during your next holiday get-together. Or, you know, on a weeknight. There’s no wrong time for this salad. It is always right.
What I Love About This Salad
- It’s a wonderful change from the romaine, and the icebergs, and the arugulas. I love all my greens, but the thinly shaved brussels sprouts are so different! Every bite is exciting! Plus, brussels sprouts pack a nutritious punch! They’re high in Vitamins K and C, as well as fiber.
- It’s a breeze to make! This inviting salad comes together fairly quickly, with easy-to-find ingredients.
- Make in advance! If you plan on making this salad for a holiday party, you can make this salad ahead of time. Even the night before
- The add-ins make the salad. The shaved brussels sprouts are combined with dried cherries, almonds, and parmesan cheese.
Creamy, Sweet, and Easy to Make Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- citrus squeezer
- cutting board
- Salad tongs
- 9 oz Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup almonds, sliced, toasted
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup parmesan, shaved, more for serving
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2¼ Tbsp Greek yogurt
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, dijon, greek yogurt, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add shaved brussels sprouts, toasted almonds, dried cherries, and parmesan cheese. Drizzle dressing and toss.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese.