Have you ever shopped for groceries and brought home way more veggies than you could use that week? Yeah, been there, done that. This past week, I had carrots, celery, and cauliflower staring at me every single time I opened the fridge. I finally caved and took them out. Now they were staring at me from my countertop.
What delicious thing can I make that uses these three veggies? And then it hit me:
Creamy Cauliflower And Vegetable Soup!
I’ve made this yummy recipe plenty of times. I have no idea why I didn’t think of utilizing those veggies with this soup before. It uses carrots, celery, cauliflower, and other herbs and veggies that I typically have at home. With a simple toss up of these veggies and herbs, you can make a comfort soup that will please the whole family.
So, here is exactly what goes inside this yummy, warm soup:
Cauliflower. You’ll want to use a whole head here, cut up into bite sized pieces. Cauliflower is a very nutritious vegetable. Did you know it contains almost every single vitamin and mineral you need (in varying amounts)?
Carrots. Although they’re cooked until they’re softer, they add a wonderful texture to the soup.
Celery. I absolutely love adding celery to many of my soups and sauces. Celery is a low-calorie veggie that provides so many benefits. For example, celery aids in inflammation supports digestion and is a great source of antibiotics.
Broth. For this recipe, I’ve used chicken broth for more flavor. If you’d like to make this meal entirely vegetarian, feel free to swap for vegetable broth!
Onion. It’s the MVP of flavors.
Herbs And Spices. Add in dried thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. These are all flavor enhancers.
Cozy up to a warm, delicious bowl of creamy cauliflower and veggie soup. You’ll crave it again and again.
How to make Creamy Cauliflower and Vegetable Soup
Creamy Cauliflower and Vegetable Soup
- 1 Tbsp avocado, or olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 5 cups chicken broth, or vegetable broth (to make it vegetarian)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Heat avocado oil on medium heat in a medium-sized soup pot.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery and sauté until soft, then add cauliflower florets and thyme and cook for two minutes.
- Add broth, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until all vegetables are soft.
- Using a regular or an emersion blender, blend soup ingredients until smooth.
- Serves topped with chopped parsley, extra salt, or a squeeze of lemon.