If you love cranberries, you will love this sweet and refreshing cranberry juice that has a mildly tart taste and a whole bunch of nutritional benefits.
Cranberries are commonly seen in grocery stores during the winter, so don’t pass on them this year! Much like apple cider, warm cranberry juice is perfect to enjoy while cuddled up with a blanket while the cold weather stays outside.
While this red-colored drink is usually popular during the holiday season, but it can also be made year-round with frozen cranberries. Cranberries are naturally tart so when making your own juice, you have the option to adjust its sweetness.
How to Make Fresh 3-Ingredient Cranberry Juice
All you need are these three ingredients:
Additional add-ons or Substitutes
- If you like more flavor, you can add freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- If you are staying away from refined sugar, I have also used this recipe with a sugar-free option by substituting the sugar for honey or maple syrup. You can just add it to taste.
Health Benefits of Cranberries
I like cranberry juice, especially during the cold season. I started drinking cranberry juice for health reasons. To me, it’s like a superfood. You can consume them in the form of cranberry sauce or juice and still get the benefits of the berry. People use cranberries to treat bladder infections and kidney diseases. Cranberries are also great to treat stomach issues and urine infections (this is a popular one).
Fruits are super easy to incorporate into your diet! Here are more tasty fruit recipes:
You can learn How to Make Homemade Fruit Juice to have something to drink with every meal.
This Easy Fruit Salad with a Honey and Lemon Dressing is perfect in the summer.
Simple Homemade Cranberry Juice
- 4 cups water
- 8 oz organic cranberries
- sugar, to taste
- Into a pot add 4 cups of water and 8 ounces of cranberries, then bring to a boil.
- When it starts to boil, add sugar to make it a bit sweeter since cranberries are bitter. Add sugar to your taste.
- The cranberries will be popping. Boil for another 5 minutes, then turn off heat.
- This drink we enjoy hot, I strain it into a thermos so it stays warm to enjoy through the days.