I find that citrus fruit is very refreshing. When I feel bloated or dehydrated, I turn to citrus fruits to refresh and relieve that feeling. Grapefruit and oranges are packed with vitamin C, fiber, and contain up to 90 percent water. Therefore, they’re ideal for preventing bloating and feel refreshed. Mint helps with digestion and promoting skin health. Finally, red onion is a good source of the nutrient biotin. Biotinsupports a healthy metabolism.
Simple Citrus Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- 1 grapefruit, peeled & sliced
- 1 orange, peeled & sliced (I used blood oranges)
- 1 thin slice red onion, chopped
- 1 stem fresh mint, chopped
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 small pinch salt
- Arrange fruit on a plate.
- Sprinkle onion and mint over fruit.
- Whisk together 2 Tablespoons of pomegranate juice, 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon orange zest, and pinch of salt/pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette on fruit when ready to eat.