Mini toasts, also known as crostini’s, are the perfect party appetizer or can even make up your lunch. You can top them with whatever ingredients sound delicious to you, whether you choose sweet, spicy, or savory. This vegetable crostini recipe uses a variety of vegetables, seasoned with salt and pepper and topped on baguette slices.
Ingredients You Need to Make Vegetable Crostini
Olive oil: Or your favorite oil that you like to use.
Onion: Yellow onion, chopped into small pieces.
Green onion: Also known as scallions.
Vegetables: I used zucchini, eggplant, and red bell pepper.
Tomato: These are nice and sweet, making them a great addition.
Fresh basil: Always goes great with the vegetables.
Garlic: Brings out more flavor.
Baguette: Store-bought baguette, sliced into thin slices. You could even ask the bakery to slice it for you.
Salt and pepper: To season the veggies, as usual.
Enjoy these tasty vegetable soup recipes:
This Chunky Yellow Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup is delicious and is packed with benefits!
The Healing Chicken and Vegetable Soup Recipe is great for chilly days and the cold season.
Chopped Vegetable Crostini
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 stem green onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 stem fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 slices bread, cut into thin slices
- Chop 1/2 onion and 1 stem green onion. Sauté in a heated pan with 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Chop 1 eggplant, 1 zucchini, 1 red pepper, and 1 tomato, then add to the onions.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. On low heat sauté for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the chopped fresh basil.
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic and add to the pan. Salt to taste.
- Slice a French baguette or any firm-textured bread. Toast each slice.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of the vegetable mix on top of each toasted and sliced bread slice. Enjoy!