What is the difference between garbanzo beans or chickpeas salad?
In short, they are the same thing- the same legume. The term “chickpea” is used more by English speakers, while the term “garbanzo” came from the Spanish language and used more in European countries. No matter what you call it, chickpeas are packed with fiber, protein and contain minerals and vitamins. The nutty taste and grainy texture of chickpeas pair well with other ingredients and foods (like this salad).
Chickpea and Avocado Salad with a Simple Dressing
- 12 oz chickpeas, canned, drained & rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, quartered & sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 7 oz feta cheese, crumbled or chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, & diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chives, dried or fresh, chopped
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the salad ingredients together.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all dressing ingredients. After you mix the salad with the dressing, add salt to taste.
- Garnish with chives (optional).