This is a fast and easy dish to prepare and cook. Just like chicken tenders are a popular fast food dish, these chicken cutlets are simple and don’t include so many harmful ingredients like the drive-thru ones do!
Perfectly spiced, these thin chicken cutlets have arrived to become your new family favorite meal. Just like chicken tenders, they’re popular with kiddos and are quick to make. Garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and red chili powder combine to make these cutlets perfect-tasting. the crushed oats and bread crumbs perfectly make the crispy outside to the cutlets.
Now, for the meat. These chicken cutlets are super easy to make using thin dark thigh meat. Though chicken breast can be used, chicken thighs are not as dry if you’re using white meat. In cooking, chicken breasts can dry out if you’re not too careful. To make this recipe easier, I listed dark thigh meat to make it go by easier and stress-free!
To make these delicious, quick, and crispy fried chicken cutlets, all you have to do is marinate first in a chili sauce, then dip in the whisked egg, and then coat them in a seasoned oat-bread crumb mixture. Finally, they’re fried for a crispy finish. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces, a side salad, and you’re good to go!
How to Make Chicken Cutlets for Your next Weeknight Dinner
First, gather the ingredients.
Salt and pepper
Chicken thighs: boneless and skinless
Egg: Large one
Flour: All-purpose flour, and unbleached
Spices: Garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and red chili powder
Bread crumbs: panko is a good option
Crushed oats: If you don’t have the oats on hand, or forgot to buy them, just add more of panko bread crumbs.
Oil: I like to use extra virgin olive oil in my recipes, but you can use whatever oil you like. For frying, I like to use a light oil.
Chicken is a great protein source! Here are some more chicken recipes:
You can make Baked Chicken Wings from scratch at home!
This recipe for Easy 30 Minutes Indian Butter Chicken is great to have with rice.
Quick & Crispy Fried Chicken Cutlets
- Spatula set
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
- 1 large egg
- 1½ Tbsp milk, I used 2% organic
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp bread crumbs, panko works, too
- 1 Tbsp oats, crushed
- 2 small pinches salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl combine 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add chicken thighs to the mixed ingredients, let it stand 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl whisk 1 large egg with 1 1/2 Tablespoons of milk. Set aside.
- In a shallow plate or bowl stir together 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 Tablespoon bread crumbs, 1 Tablespoon crushed oats, and 2 pinches of salt. Mix well.
- In a pan heat up 1/4 cup of oil (more or less depending on your pan size, oil should be 1/2 an inch.)
- Take a piece of chicken, add to the flour mixture, and coat the chicken.
- Dip in egg mixture. Then back into the flour mixture.
- Shake off excess flour. Put in heated oil.
- Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Fry chicken until it turns golden brown, then gently flip it over and fry the other side.
- Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- * Serve fresh!