The long, difficult, and taxing search is over: this chocolate chip cookie recipe can be saved and made over and over again. Chocolate chip butter cookie, you say? That’s right, we really do love those perfectly soft and buttery cookies. This recipe is “the one” in making the tastiest, softest, and most buttery chocolate chip cookies!
We won’t limit ourselves to just chocolate chips, though. Where’s the fun in that? For these delicious cookies, you can add nuts, M&M’s, or even make them as simple regular sugar-butter cookies (and maybe add a sweet frosting on top!
Baking like classic cookies, this tasty treat will have your place smelling like warm holidays.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
Egg: Just one large one
Sugar: Both brown and regular white sugar
Flour: I use unbleached Canadian flour
Butter: Unsalted and it should be soft at room temperature, don’t melt the butter.
Vanilla Extract: Dry or liquid
Baking powder: You could also substitute for baking soda and these cookies will still work.
A pinch of salt: I usually don’t add salt to the my baking, but here I do.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies
Easy Chocolate Chip and Butter Cookies Recipe
- parchment paper
- Large bowl
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a large baking sheet with lined parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix 2 cups of all-purpose flour, a pinch of salt, and 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk 1 large egg, ⅔ cup of sugar, ⅔ cup brown sugar, vanilla and 1 cup of unsalted softened butter.
- Combine together the dry ingredients with egg mixture.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Take about 2 Tbsps of dough, to roll into dough balls and place on parchment paper, leaving an inch between each rolled ball.
- Depending on your oven, bake time may vary. Bake for 20-25mins. Let cookies cool completely before taking a bite.