Are you a buckwheat fan? Here are a few reasons you should be boiling some of this goodness, like right this minute! Buckwheat is high protein, making it a great substitute for meat. Some researches found that buckwheat may help manage diabetes. I am always researching on foods that help with digestion, and I was happy to learn that buckwheat cleans and strengthens the intestines. And for all you gluten-free eaters! I’m happy to announce buckwheat is gluten-free! To top it all off, add some veggies (and you got a fulfilling meal in one bowl). The avocado will provide a source of healthy fats and zucchini is good for maintaining eye health.Enjoy this quick recipe of buckwheat avocado and zucchini.
Simple Buckwheat and Zucchini Bowl with Avocado
- 1 cup buckwheat, cooked
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cook buckwheat according to the package instructions
- Slice 1 zucchini.
- Heat up 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a skillet. Add sliced zucchini and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 4 minutes both sides.
- Combine 1 cup cooked buckwheat with zucchini, a handful of chopped parsley and 1 avocado, sliced.