Simple Broccoli Fritters with an Easy Honey Mustard Sauce
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup cheese, shredded (mozzarella or cheddar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup unbleached flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp honey
- For the Fritters: Chop the broccoli into small pieces and place in a bowl with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- In a separate bowl whisk 1 large egg and 1 cup of milk. Add in 1/2 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 cup of flour. Mix well together.
- Strain the ingredients into the broccoli.
- Mix well.
- Heat 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a pan. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the fritters in the pan. Fry until each side has a golden brown color (about a minute for each side, they cook fast).
- Place on a paper towel to cool down.
- You can serve with sour cream or this honey-mustard sauce: Combine 4 Tbsp honey and 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard.
- Serve and enjoy!