Are you a Buddha bowl fan? I sure am. Ever since my first Buddha bowl experience, back when I was living in Canada, I haven’t stopped making my own.
I love Buddha bowls for all the flavors you can put into one bowl, warm or cold. When I went to look for breakfast Buddha bowl recipes on google, I couldn’t find anything that I would have liked to try. So I decided to develop my own breakfast Buddha bowl.
MY FIRST BREAKFAST BUDDHA BOWL RECIPE IS MADE UP OF:
- Cauliflower “rice” – Low calorie, immune boosting and packed with vitamin C
- Avocado – Fiber, potassium, and fats (the good kind of fats)
- Microgreens – Sneak these things in everywhere for high antioxidant, rich in enzymes (great for digestion), and they help to improve overall health.
- Spinach – This leafy green is packed with many vitamins and minerals some of my favorites are fiber, iron, and calcium.
This breakfast Buddha bowl is a great choice for breakfast, but also for other meals. I actually have been enjoying it for lunch, too. I have been on a no sugar “diet” since the 8th of January, so I am looking for more ways to pack on healthy choices into recipes so I don’t reach for the sugar. Having lost 5 pounds since I’ve started, I have been feeling good and quite proud of myself. Have you ever went cold turkey on sugar?
Having a protein-filled breakfast every morning is important. Here are more recipes to make for breakfast:
This Quick Fruit and Egg Breakfast Plate is a lovely spread of favorite fruits with eggs!
Combine fun new flavors in a bowl of Matcha Oatmeal with Kiwi!
How to make a Simple Breakfast Buddha Bowl
- Spatula set
- garlic press
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz cauliflower rice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, & sliced
- 1 Tbsp microgreens
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat.
- Add in olive oil, cauliflower, and salt.2 Tbsp olive oil, 12 oz cauliflower rice, ½ tsp sea salt
- Sauté and stir occasionally until soft (about 5 minutes.) Take out onto a serving plate or bowl.
- In the same skillet, sauté spinach and garlic until the spinach wilts, then add to the bowl of cauliflower.½ cup baby spinach, 1 clove garlic,
- Fry the egg with a pinch of salt.½ tsp sea salt
- Arrange egg, avocado, (pinch of salt, if desired) and micro greens to cauliflower. Enjoy your beautiful delicious Buddha Bowl!1 large egg, 1 avocado,, 1 Tbsp microgreens