Barely any dishes, a full and healthy meal, and comfort food to last: that’s what this soup means to me. This very filling Beef Soup with Rice is gluten free and so darn easy to make!
There’s just something special about soups with rice. I grew up enjoying rice soups and to this day, still do. That’s why I’m sharing this amazing soup recipe with you! You can curl up with your favorite show this fall season and have the perfect meal in your relaxed evening: this soup.
Naturally, soup recipes are loaded with benefits. They make you feel full and warm, but also boost your health. Beef is filled with protein, supporting your digestive system. Onion fights inflammation and parsley gives you vitamin K.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe?
- dry rice
- tomato sauce
- fresh parsley
How to Make Beef Soup with Rice and Potatoes
Gluten Free Beef Soup with Rice and Potatoes
- ½ lb beef, cubed
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced or cubed
- ½ onion, diced
- ¾ cup dry rice
- ½ cup tomato sauce, or tomato paste + water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped, optional
- Cut the beef into small cubes.
- Place cut beef into a soup pot, and pour in 8 cups of cold water. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid. Continue cooking until the beef becomes soft- about 30-60 minutes depending on size.
- Once beef is soft and ready, add in the potatoes and rice. Bring to a boil and continue cooking on medium heat for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and rice is cooked.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat olive oil in a saucepan and saute onions until soft (7 minutes).
- Once onions are soft, add the tomato sauce and cook for 2 more minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Add the tomato sauce with onion into the soup pot, then lastly season with salt and pepper. Mix carefully until the sauce is blended.
- Let stand for 10 minutes covered with a lid before serving.
- Garnish each plate with fresh parsley and serve with a slice of toasted bread. Enjoy!