Avocados have been a favorite fruit around healthy eaters. Although I don’t have an avocado tree, my kitchen is usually always filled with avocados.
This stuffed recipe combines two perfect foods: avocados filled with healthy fats and chicken filled with protein to make the keto combination of your dreams, so don’t miss out on this delicious main dish!
Did you know that one medium avocado is 10 grams of fiber? Fiber makes you feel full, so this is great news. I have also noticed that my skin gets cleaner and feels nourished when I eat more avocados; since avocados contain vitamins C and E.
So what’s for dinner today? Chicken stuffed avocado. This superfood tastes great on its own but combine it with chicken for an incredible meal that’s full of flavor.
Chicken provides a great source of protein and is good for preventing skin disorders. The olive oil in this recipe will benefit your heart. Consuming olive oil protects against diabetes and keeps bones healthy.
What do I need for this recipe?
Chicken breast: boneless and skinless! Chicken promotes healthy bones and contains a lot of protein.
Avocados contain a lot of heart-healthy protein and potassium.
Along with those ingredients, you’ll need:
- lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Simple Avocado Stuffed Chicken
Simple Seared Avocado-Stuffed Chicken Meal
- cutting board
- 1 chicken breast, boneless & skinless
- 1 avocado, sliced
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Slice chicken in half horizontally. Place plastic wrap on top and beat it a few times to get the chicken flat. Throw plastic wrap away.
- Sprinkle chicken with a small pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice on each slice of chicken and on top of the avocado.
- Slice avocado and place in the middle of two slices of chicken.
- Roll the chicken pieces, keeping the avocado in the middle.
- Heat a small skillet with 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the folded side of the chicken facedown onto the skillet. Turn chicken every two minutes to sear all of the sides.
- Cover skillet with a lid and on the lowest heat let simmer for 3-4 minutes. (Chicken breast, especially thinly sliced, cooks quick).