Spring has sprung, and also what has sprung up are fun spring recipes! Egg recipes are super common now, so don’t get stuck just making deviled eggs this season. It’s good to explore and try food combinations you haven’t yet tried, because you might just find a new favorite.
Farmer’s markets are all set up and ready this season, selling fresh and local produce. Don’t miss out and get some local cucumbers, avocados, and asparagus to enjoy this delicious salad.
Asparagus is still in the season, which means you still have the time to whip up this quick asparagus salad. This salad provides a great amount of nutrition and flavor. It is low in calories and can help spike your mood from sad to happy!
Including the green onion into this salad benefits your heart. This salad addition also benefits your eye health and protects the body from various bacteria.
What do I need to make this recipe?
Asparagus contains fiber, folate, and vitamin C.
Hard-boiled eggs have protein and calcium.
Cucumber promotes hydration and helps to lower blood sugar.
Avocado has potassium, which helps regulate fluid balance.
Green onion contains vitamin K, which is necessary for blood clotting.
Along with those ingredients, you will need:
- lemon juice
- parmesan cheese
Easy Seasonal Asparagus with Avocado and Egg Salad
- Small pot
- Lemon squeezer
- cutting board
- Serving plate
- 1 bush asparagus, boiled & chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large eggs, hard-boiled & chopped
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- 1 stem green onion, chopped
- ½ avocado, chopped
- ½ Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Fill a pot with 2 cups of water. Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Cut the ends off 1 bush of asparagus. Add asparagus to boiling water and boil for 3 minutes. Take asparagus out and let cool before cutting into small pieces.
- Boil 3 large eggs. Peel and slice each egg; add to asparagus.
- Slice avocado, 1/4 of cucumber, and chop 1 stem of green onion. Mix in with asparagus and eggs.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil on the vegetables and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.